Tokyo Olympics: Neeraj Chopra Unwell, too many functions are the reason, family says ‘let him rest now’

India’s golden boy Neeraj Chopra & his family is now getting ’sick and very tired’ of back to back & functions. Chopra got so unwell on Tuesday that he had to leave one of the event mid-way. The non-stop running around has taken complete toll on the champion according to his family. According to one of the family member, he has not been sleeping more than 2-3 hours and that has made his unwell.

“He should be fine after a good rest. We left the function as a precautionary measure. Every other day there is one function or the other. Then, there have been so many interviews with different media channels. He hasn’t got a chance to rest. An athlete’s body also needs rest, especially after an event like the Olympics. He has put in so much of effort. There are some rumours that he has been taken to a hospital. It is not true. He is feeling exhausted after attending so many functions on his arrival from Tokyo.”

A source close to the family told TOI

Tokyo Olympics – Neeraj Chopra Unwell, what exactly happened? 

The ace javelin thrower had to be rushed to a healthcare facility due to exhaustion and fever as he came to attend an event closer to his native place in Panipat.

As per the Times of India, Neeraj Chopra complained of fever, dizziness, and choked throat following a heat stroke as his body temperature went past the 100-degree Fahrenheit mark during a ceremony at his hometown. As per sources, the 23-year-old was administered a combination of paracetamol and electrolyte having been taken to a healthcare facility in the vicinity.

It is believed that Chopra felt uncomfortable reaching Haldana village near Samalkha. Normally a two-hour drive from Delhi to Panipat, the Tokyo Olympics gold medallist took six hours to return home, having attended a host of small functions along the way. As Chopra entered Haryana, crowds had gathered to catch a glimpse of the national hero, flouting the mandatory COVID-19 protocols and the 23-year-old himself was seen without a mask and made no effort to avoid the crowd.

Chopra first complained of uneasiness after reaching Khukhrana village, which is five km away from Khandra. There he was honored with a silver spear but left the ceremony midway having felt dizzy and complained of headache.

  • Neeraj Chopra Unwell but tests negative:

Neeraj Chopra had a high fever last Friday and underwent an RT-PCR test which came out negative. While in the capital. Chopra was bogged down with felicitation ceremonies and countless media interactions which meant that he did not meet his family members and relatives in Khandra for more than a week after returning to the country. On Sunday, on the sidelines of the IOA’s function in Ashoka, Neeraj had said he was feeling exhausted and that he was looking for a few days of rest. He was forced to miss the Haryana government’s felicitation function in Panchkula on Friday.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker
Verified by MonsterInsights