Budget-Friendly Gaming phone is hard to find in the Indian market, But Redmi surprised mobile gamers as the company announced on their Weibo post, that the new Gaming device will be launched by the end of April.
Xiaomi’s affordable brand Redmi has said that the smartphone will offer a flagship-level, hardcore gaming experience and will be pocket friendly for Esports enthusiast. Redmi also said that its aim is to create a Budget-Friendly Gaming Phone for Indian players.
- The mobile gaming market in India is worth about 2.4 billion dollars in 2020,
- Mobile gamers in India typically spend over an hour on their device each day – this is higher than the average of around forty-five minutes a day that is spent on video services like Netflix viewership.
- Redmi has partnered with Call of Duty: Mobile to optimise the game experience through continuous improvements.
Redmi’s aim with their new gaming flagship is to provide a “[gaming] flagship to more players”. The company, however, neither revealed the exact date of the launch for their upcoming Gaming Flagship.
Lu Weibing said since Redmi smartphones are used by young users, a “budget-friendly price” point will “benefit the youngsters”, adding that the Redmi gaming phone will disrupt the “gaming mobile phone industry with a more hardcore gaming experience and a more extreme flagship price-performance”.
This upcoming Gaming device will be the “lightest and thinnest hardcore gaming flagship” on the market. Redmi is also partnering with Call of Duty: Mobile to improve the gaming experience.
- Tipster Digital Chat Station had previously suggested that Redmi’s first gaming smartphone will be powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1200 SoC.
- Lu Weibing hinted that the company would discontinue the Redmi K30 Extreme smartphone and launch a successor with a newly-debuted SoC.
- FoneArena reports the smartphone is rumoured to come equipped with a Samsung E4 AMOLED screen featuring a 144Hz refresh rate, apart from a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and a 5,000mAh battery with 65W fast charging support.